About the Enterprise Development Programme
KaXu Solar One, a solar project company in Northern Cape has the commitment of investing in Enterprise Development in the communities close to its projects to promote the economic development of the area. The programme the company is developing in the area, called SEED+ programme) is focused on based black owned companies as main beneficiaries of it.
The communities of Khai Ma Municipal region have been identified as the beneficiary communities for EnD investment by KaXu Solar One. This refers to SMEs based in either of Pofadder, Onseepkans, Pella and/or Witbank.
The ED Programme offers five value adding propositions to black owned small businesses, such as small business skills training, mentorship, access to customers, access to loans and value chain integration through purchase orders as and when goods or services are required that could be provided by SMEs.
Low income rural small businesses in the Khai Ma Local Municipality region have been neglected over many years with no access to finance and little access to profitable customers.
The Enterprise Development Programme, in an effort to create a solution for small businesses to access customers, took the initiative and developed this website to facilitate access to customers by making them visible to be seen by those who provide business or revenue generation opportunities.
KaXu Solar One has enrolled more than one hundred small businesses in the EnD Programme in the first year of existence.
KaXu Solar One is proud to be associated with small business development In the Khai Ma Municipal region. KaXu Solar One will proudly continue in its efforts to create opportunities for small businesses through the EnD Programm
The ED Programme formulated its objectives as per the below definitions.
- Primary Objectives
- To facilitate access to finance for SMEs and entrepreneurs
- To empower SME owners and entrepreneurs through modular training programmes and mentorship with knowledge, skills and positive attitudes to ensure long term sustainability of the business.
- To promote SMEs through institutions and organisations and collective initiatives, such as the creation of this webpage database.
The holistic business support initiatives mentioned above are aimed at stimulating business success in both growth of sales and growth in profits. The EnD Programme’s focus is on developing both the business and the entrepreneur.
In order for companies to participate in the EnD Programme, qualifying criteria must be met as per below.
- Black male or female owned small business
- The company must be registered and operating within Khai Ma Municipal region
- Business owners to be of good standing with no criminal records